Recognize the Symptoms of an Obstruction
How do you know when you have something blocking your airway? While you typically can't see or feel the obstruction itself, it will likelycause a variety of bothersome symptoms. If you notice a combination of these nasal congestion symptoms, you may be dealing with an obstruction in the airway:
- Feel "stuffy"
- Runny nose
- Bad breath
- Lack of energy
What Is VIVAER® Nasal Airway Remodeling?
VIVAER® is a nasal airway obstruction treatment formulated to clear congestion, reshape the airways, and repair blockages. This procedure is non-invasive and only takes one session to see results. While nasal airway remodeling sounds complicated, it's a relatively quick procedure that will leave you breathing easier in no time.
How VIVAER® Works
VIVAER® is a low-temperature process that helps clear the airways and allows patients to breathe easier. The entire procedure can be broken down into three simple steps, all done in the comfort of your ENT's office. You can expect the following when you come in for your VIVAER® treatment:
- Step 1: When you arrive at your appointment, our team will make sure you're comfortable and understand the basics of the procedure. Then, you'll receive a local anesthesia to numb the targeted area.
- Step 2: Next, your ENT will use a low-temperature radio-frequency energy device to contract and tighten the tissue in the nasal airway. This process allows your doctor to reshape the airways and release an obstruction causing you discomfort.
- Step 3: Your doctor will work until the blockage is cleared, which can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Most patients experience near-immediate relief once the nasal obstruction treatment is complete.
How You Can Benefit From VIVAER® Treatment
VIVAER® treatment stands out among remedies for nasal airway obstructions. Our patients enjoy several benefits of the procedure, including a pain-free appointment and minimal recovery. Here are a few other advantages our patients report:
- Minimally-Invasive: Today, VIVAER® is a viable alternative to surgery in many cases. This treatment requires no incisions and no prolonged healing time.
- Convenient: The entire procedure can be completed in our office with just an hour of your time. You'll only need local anesthesia, which means you can likely return to your daily activities right away.
- Effective: Clinical studies have shown that up to 94% of patients report better breathing after VIVAER® treatment. Results come in a matter of minutes, and you can say goodbye to constant congestion.
Let Us Be Your Breath of Fresh Air
Indianapolis Sinus Center
is here to help you find the answer to your sinus problems! We're glad to discuss your treatment options and help restore your quality of life. Whether you have a question about VIVAER® or you're simply exploring your options, we would love to hear from you. Contact us today
to schedule a consultation with our providers.