What Is Nasal Valve Collapse?
A nasal valve collapse is a condition that involves weakness or narrowing of the nasal valve. It can lead to obstructed breaking or blocked nasal airways. Since the nasal valve is already the narrowest part of the airway, it's very easy for something to restrict airflow and make breathing difficult.
Causes of Nasal Valve Collapse
· Narrow nostrils
· Congenital conditions
· Wide columella
· Over-projecting nose
Nasal Valve Collapse Symptoms
There are quite a few symptoms to look for if you suspect nasal valve collapse pain. If you notice any of these symptoms soon after trauma to the nose, make an appointment with Indianapolis Sinus Center for an evaluation:
- Nasal congestion or stuffiness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Difficulty sleeping
- Difficulty breathing through your nose
- In ability to get enough air through your nose while exercising or exerting yourself
- Nasal bleeding
- Obstructions in the nasal passage
- Crusting around the nostrils
- Feeling like you have a clothespin on your nose
How to Treat Nasal Valve Collapse
Nasal valve collapse surgery is usually necessary to address this condition. ENT professionals use a variety of surgical techniques to correct collapsed valves, and the approach your doctor uses will depend on their preferences. Generally speaking, patients who need surgery can expect a cartilage graft, in which a piece of cartilage from another part of the body is used to reattach the collapsed area to the septum.
How Does LATERA® Work?
Reap the Benefits of LATERA®
- Fewer Symptoms: The procedure results in far fewer symptoms. Many patients report less nasal congestion, better sleep, and an easier time getting enough air.
- Enhanced Quality of Life: Nine out of ten LATERA® patients say they're much more satisfiedwith their breathing after the procedure.
- No Change in Appearance: Many nasal valve collapse patients are worried about changes to their nose and facial appearance. However, patients do not experience long-term cosmetic changes as a result of the implant. In fact, nine out of ten LATERA® patients said they were satisfied with their appearance following the procedure.
Get in Touch With Us Today
Let LATERA® relieve you of the symptoms of nasal valve collapse.
LATERA® provides predictable outcomes and proven results for improving your ability to breathe through your nose.
Don't let your quality of life suffer because of nasal airway obstruction
Reference: This page was created from information at www.spiroxmed.com