Effective Nasal Fracture Treatment in Indianapolis, IN
Broken Nose Treatment (Fractured Nose)
A nasal fracture (broken nose) is a painful injury that should be treated by a medical professional as quickly as possible. Without broken nose treatment, your ability to breathe may be compromised by swelling, and you may end up with a permanent disfigurement. At Indianapolis Sinus Center, we specialize in ENT diagnosis and treatment, including broken noses, nasal valve collapse, deviated septum, and more. Call us today to schedule a consultation or assessment of a nasal fracture in Indianapolis.
What Causes a Nasal Fracture?
Nasal fractures are caused by blunt force trauma that can occur during:
- Sports and exercise
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle, scooter, boat, or bicycle accidents
- Physical fights
- Amusement park rides
- Incidents with animals
Common Nasal Fracture Symptoms
The most common broken nose symptoms are pain, tenderness, and swelling. Your nose and the tissues around it will look red, blue, purple, or black. You may also have one or two black eyes. Other nasal fracture symptoms include:
- A cracking or crunching noise when you touch your nose
- Swelling and bruising
- Trouble breathing
- A crooked nose
- Nasal obstruction
- Drainage from the nose
How Is a Broken Nose Diagnosed?
A nasal fracture is diagnosed through a physical examination. Your healthcare provider may press on the bridge of your nose and use an instrument to look inside your nasal passages for obstructions. You typically will not need an x-ray or other imaging tests unless you have suffered from additional trauma to your face, head, or ears.
Broken Nose Treatment Options
The nasal fracture treatment that your healthcare provider recommends will depend on the severity of the injury, other injuries you have, your age, and your prognosis. Nasal fracture treatment includes:
- Ice and over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen, naproxen sodium, or acetaminophen.
- Drainage of a septal hematoma. If you have a nasal hematoma due to a nasal fracture, you are at risk of a deviated septum or collapsed nasal bridge. Your healthcare provider will drain the hematoma as quickly as possible to avoid complications and tissue death.
- Realignment of the bones and cartilage. If your bones have moved out of alignment due to the trauma of a broken nose, your healthcare provider will use anesthesia to numb your nose and then push your bones and cartilage back into place.
- Nasal fracture surgery. Your healthcare provider may recommend nasal fracture surgery if you have a severe nasal fracture. Nasal fracture surgery includes:
Septoplasty – During this procedure, your surgeon will reshape your septum and may remove parts of your bone and cartilage to repair holes or perforations and improve breathing.
Rhinoplasty – During this procedure, your surgeon will remove or rearrange your bone and cartilage to create a new nose shape and eliminate nasal obstructions.
Why Choose Indianapolis Sinus Center in Columbus, IN
At Indianapolis Sinus Center, we specialize in life-altering, advanced ENT treatments, including nasal fracture surgery and other broken nose treatments. We have a team of medical professionals with decades of experience, access to the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment, and a dedication to treating and diagnosing conditions affecting the ears, nose, and throat. Our mission is to offer personalized, compassionate, and evidence-based ENT care to all our patients. Our vision is to provide the highest quality ENT care and improve the quality of life for patients in Indianapolis and surrounding communities. We provide services in a welcoming, patient-centered environment and strive to ensure our patients feel heard and understood.
Schedule a Consultation for Broken Nose Treatment
Call us today or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation for broken nose treatment. Our team will assess your injuries, evaluate your health, and discuss your treatment options. Our goal is to provide exceptional patient care that restores health, improves appearance, and helps you feel your best.